Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Audition


Bump tut, Boomp tup
Stop heart, stop!

I am not afraid!
   But my mind knows I am.

I am not scared!
   But my legs are stiff.

I have courage!
   Maybe not.

Footsteps thunder,
Thump,
Kdump tump.

Floorboards squeak,
Screech, Scowl, Scream.

Door opens,
And a face peers out,
Smiling,
Smiling?

The voice echos,
Calls out
My name.

Nervous.
Breathe!
I float into the room,
Unpack instrument.

Pencils scribble,
Scritch, Scratch, Scramble.
Fill out my name.

My ears go wrong.
Maximize the sound.

Legs Wobble, Hobble, Bobble.

But then ... ...
   I play, everything
   melts away!
   only one
   word is in
   my mind:
   music!

2 comments:

Muzi said...

That definitely sounds an audition event on the second floor of Longy School of Music. The squeaky old wooden floor...

Yi S said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay great job