Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lassel Village

On Sunday I went to Lassel Village, a home for the elderly with many others, to play violin.  We played Rachmaninoff's Vocalise, Vivaldi concerto for four violins, and all of the Vivaldi four seasons as an orchestra.    Our orchestra only had 8 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, and one bass, but we played really well.  I think the audience liked it a lot but the program was so long that I bet that many people got tired during the concert.

 I was the 3rd violin for Concerto for Four Violins.  It was very fun to play that piece.  After we were done I wanted to play it all over again.  I also think the rest of the soloists did really well, especially the season Summer's since the Summer has a pretty hard solo part.  And playing with a whole orchestra is pretty scary.

Prior to that, I played in a piano quartet. We played Mozart Piano Quartet in g minor.

I think that it was nice to go to Lassel and play. I hope I have the experience again.

No comments: