Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ocean church

     This is a picture that I drew with a wood burning tool.  I had to constantly switch points to make different textures in the wood.   My favorite part is the moon in the background.  I used a knot in the wood to make it.













































Ocean Church

The steady surge of the chestnut mount I ride has feelings too,
For he even stops before I was to will him with a rounding jerk on his reins,
He loves scene as much as I do, his neigh echos in the crisp night air,
And somehow he knows deep in himself that we have come to the end,

The end is also our beginning-- like the wind that frolics the sailboat playfully,
As it rocks lost in thought in the warm summer ocean truly innocent,
Her captain does not care that the boat is drifting off course,
He does not care that the lighthouse is dimming and sometimes dark without light,

The church is just a mere cottage, its bricks worn out like wood, eerie from the cheesy moon,
Its cross that used to stand proud on the moldy shingled roofs, is lost in time,
My horse and I have not come too soon and we know we must be going,
And as I said, every journey ends and then there comes the beginning.



1 comment:

Ming said...

Beautiful work!
How do I hope that I will live there?