Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nature Diary #10

10.17.2011

Wait, It's a Squirrel?


    Yesterday I was trying to take a few pictures of a pair of cardinals that were perched in my back yard.  Then I started hearing a bird that was chirping loudly.  The same call kept responding.  I looked over to the source of the latter call and saw a big grey bird in a tree.

   When I came closer to the gray bird, I saw that it was a squirrel!

   And to my disbelief, it was imitating the other bird and making odd sounds using the back of its throat - or so that is what I believe.  He looked quite silly there, shaking slightly every time he made the noise, his fluffy tail shuddering.

   I wonder, is it really normal for squirrels to do that?

1 comment:

Ming said...

That's squirrel. It may laugh at me. You know what I mean.